Make Lake Orion Your Schools-of-Choice!
Lake Orion Community Schools is continuing the Schools-of-Choice program for out-of-district students for the 2018-2019 school year. There are a limited number of spots available at some of our elementary schools and some middle schools, as well as the district's Learning Options Alternative High School. Availability in specific buildings will not be determined until the close of the application period.
Schools-of-Choice Important Dates for 2018-2019
Schools-of-Choice application window is now closed for the 2018-2019 school year. All applicants will be notified of their enrollment status by May 21, 2018. If your name is not drawn in the lottery for admission to Lake Orion Community Schools, we will maintain your name on a waiting list and you will be notified as additional space becomes available.
If you have questions, please call the Central Enrollment Office
at (248) 814-0215
Office Hours: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Lake Orion Schools-of-Choice Program Highlights
- Developmental and traditional kindergarten programs
- Award-winning early literacy intervention programs for kindergarten and first-grade students
- Unique Middle School Concept team-teaching in the sixth through eighth grades that helps assure student success
- Elementary technology and media program that fosters critical thinking, reading and research skills and responsible technology use
- Learning Options High School students receive a diploma from Lake Orion Community Schools
Please note: the Lake Orion Community School District does not provide transportation to Schools-of-Choice students. Those enrolled in the program are expected to arrive and depart from school on time.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Lake Orion's M-STEP test scores rank among the top ten districts in Oakland County in all subject areas (grades 3-11).
- Lake Orion's elementary and middle schools have been recognized as Michigan Blue Ribbon Exemplary Schools.
- Niche.com ranks Lake Orion Community Schools among the top 40 districts in the state (No. 35), based on student assessment proficiency scores.